"The Fine Art of Sighing" by Benard Cooper was explaining how it is to sigh. The details that he used were extraordinary. He explained what your body does, and what face expressions you put on when you sigh. I would have never been able to explain to someone what sighing really was. My favorite part of the passage was when it said "esophagus opens, diaphragm expands." I really liked this sentence because I think about breathing in real hard then letting out a wind of air.The author even explained how his mother always sighed, and the way he described gave me good visual details. I pictured a women who was stressed and sad, calling out the window for someone to come to her rescue.
Another story that I liked was "Things To Do Today." The first thing that came to mind when I read this is how is the character going to accomplish all these task. I liked this story because it was really unusual. It didn't seem as much as story but more of a "grocery list." The things in the story were also very random and made me think of what kind of crazy life this character had. I connected with line 22 "set the famous criminals free" because when I read it I immediately thought of my favorite rapper Lil Wayne who was in jail for about a year. In line 32 when the said "get the fuck out" it made me wonder what she was talking about. I wanted to know where she had to get out of and why that wouldn't be the first thing on her "To Do" list. I thought line number 50 "oversleep" was the best thing on the list because I would love to have someone tell me to do that. The last line 75 "rehabilitate the truth tellers" was odd. It made me think that the author dislike people who told the truth and wanted everyone to lie.
Overall, both of these stories were very interesting to me and something most people wouldn't write about. They both were different in there own way and also had a lot of details. In the "Things to do Today" story the list were the details within itself.
No comments:
Post a Comment