All of the essays had a specific structure and were informational. Most of them were from the authors/characters personal life.
One of my favorites was the essay titled "Sunday." I enjoyed this one because I felt really connected to the author. I felt really connected to the author because I come from a background where my family could cook. Just like the author, my family views Sunday dinner as important. It’s like having thanksgiving every Sunday. It’s just a tradition we had from before I was born. So as I read this essay I kept having flashbacks about how my family gets together.
Another story I enjoyed was “Mint Snowball.” I liked this story because I connected with this author. The way that the author explained how the mint snowball recipe was sold for one hundred dollars instead of passed down to the next generation mad me think about my life. This gave me a flashback of when I would go to my dad’s house for the weekend and all the new things my mom had brought for me, my dad would sell. Although it wasn’t the same situation it had a flashback to that because It made me think about how some people could easily sell their personal stuff.
Overall, I really enjoyed this essay packet. I’ve connected with this one personally more than any of the other’s we’ve read.
good responses
ReplyDelete