My favorite poem in the fiction one packet was the mystery stories. I really enjoyed reading these because all the poems seemed to tell a short story of some sort. They were all three to four lines long, but they gave a vivid detail of the topic.
All of the poems were funny to me, and some of them were odd. My favorite one was "The Talking Cat." This one was funny to me because it seemed as if the cat was jealous of the women. I also thought it was funny how the author turned the cat into a human being. The one that was odd to me is "poetry." It seems as if it was pointless to write a poem about. It just seemed dead ended to me.
I think the author titled this poem "Mystery Stories," because every poem the author wrote is a mystery. Every person could interpret each poem a different way and also create their own story to it. I think the author wanted the reader to create/finish the story.
The stanza that really got me thinking the most is "The Red Coats." I was contemplating on how the jacket changed colors and why the person wore two coats to the party. It really doesn't make sense, and it seems as if there is no answer to it. It's almost as if you have to make up you're own story, which is why I think it's a mystery.
No comments:
Post a Comment