After reading Gladman's book I started wondering. Through out the whole book she talked about how she had so much trouble writing books and how she ran out of things to talk about. This really shocked me because how was it that she could write a whole novel talking about a another novel, but not write one? It seems to me that she could have easily cruised through a book. In addition, Gladman used so much detail just describing her previous attempts. This also made me wonder why she didn't just use that for her failed novel.
The details that Gladman uses are endless. I believe she could have wrote plenty of Novels or Novella's. I fell that all the stories she used in "To After That," she could have made a story out of it. For example when she talks about people using cell phones. She could have turned that into a whole novel. I think it would have been interesting coming from her because she had such a dislike of people with cell phones.
The last thing I wonder about Gladman's Novel was why none of her Novella were ever published, but a book about them was? That was really odd to me because I feel like her actual book would be more interesting then talking about the book. Even though "To After That" was informative and detailed, it was boring. There really wasn't any point to it, nor was there any rising action like a story would have to keep the reader interested. I feel like I was reading every page hoping for it to be the last.
Overall Gladman's novel was nice. I would be really interested in reading a novella of hers if one was to ever come out.
No comments:
Post a Comment